Ecological and Organic Agriculture strategies for viable continental and national development in the context of the African Union’s Agenda 2063
The African Organic Conference (AOC) is an initiative of the African Organic Network (AfrONet). It is convened every three years as a stakeholder’s platform, for sharing knowledge, experiences and views on various issues of concern in organic and ecological agriculture.
The 4th African Organic Conference targets farmers, consumers, researchers, trainers, academics, extension practitioners, policy makers, donors, media organizations, private sector actors and financiers in the agriculture value chains promoters of organic agriculture. Others are; students and groups of young people interested in organic and ecological agriculture.
Partner with us
You are welcome to partner/collaborate with us on the 4th AOC.
Why you should attend
- Presentation of scientific evidence on capability of organic agriculture in contribution to transformation of national and continental economy, systems resilience, mitigation of climate change, among others.
- Sharing of knowledge and experiences between African organic farmers and their national and sub-regional representations.
- Exchanging and sharing experiences of organic agricultural research pursuits, training and extension applications
- Exchange of information by regional (Regional Economic Communities) and national policy makers on the implementation of the resolution of the African Heads of States and Government to support organic farming in Africa.
- Appraisal of impact of supports by different bodies in support of development of organic agriculture in Africa.
- Exhibition of organic produce and products (Afro Organic Fair) to stimulate regional and international trade Sensitization of policy makers and media organizations on the potential of ecological organic agriculture to effectively contribute to sustainable development in Africa.
From the 3rd AOC
check our previous conference photos
- Palm Beach Hotel, Saly Portudal, Dakar, Senegal
- (221) 339518598
- 8:30 - 16:00